Our school was built on a foundation of dreams, determination and prayers. The words ‘Strength’ and ‘Kindness’ boldly adorn the foyer and these words encapture not only the vision of our founding Priests and Nuns but all of those who are part of our school community.
The story of St Pius X School is steeped in the tradition of the Brigidine Sisters.
The Brigidine Sisters were founded in Ireland in 1807 for the purpose of providing a Catholic education to children. They were women of faith and hope, strong yet gentle in their love, in close union with Jesus Christ and in communion with all God’s people.
In the 1960s, Fr JP McCann approached religious orders of Sisters to take charge of a primary school being built in Adelaide. Mother Pius, the Provincial of the Brigidine Order in Melbourne, accepted this challenge with great strength and kindness. A community of sisters moved to South Australia for the sole purpose of opening a Catholic primary school in Windsor Gardens.
On March 4th 1962 St Pius X Primary School was officially opened with 200 students from Kindergarten to Year Four.