Our Lady of The Visitation, Taperoo, became a centre for Mass and a school for children of the area in 1953. The Dominican Sisters came from Semaphore to conduct the first classes. Faithful to the wishes of their founder, the Sisters were "... to study and teach the truths of Christ and awaken in all the love and understanding that are a response to these truths." The School Motto, "VERITAS" (Truth), enshrines this ideal and provides the basic inspiration for the staff and the pupils.
The very large block of approximately 8 1/3 acres probably seemed an outrageous investment back then, but with the South Australian Housing Trust and private builders erecting homes in the area, a State high and primary school and a possible school at North Haven, everything indicated the area would grow. The wisdom displayed in purchasing such a large block is appreciated by all at Our Lady of The Visitation today.
The Taperoo Parish is part of the Lefevre Catholic Community under the pastoral leadership of Fr. Brian Angus.
The Parish is actively involved in the school community and shares school facilities. Class Masses organised by the school are a valued part of Parish life.