Presbyterian Ladies' College was founded in 1915 and has since sustained an international reputation for academic excellence and outstanding success in preparing young women to lead active, purposeful lives.
Evidence of our Scottish heritage is apparent throughout the beautiful Peppermint Grove campus as well as in the distinctive Black Watch tartan uniform and PLC Pipe Band. However, perhaps the most significant legacy of our Scottish tradition is a belief in educational excellence, combined with a whole-of-person approach to intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual development.
Today this continues to be the philosophical foundation on which a PLC education is based.
At PLC, every girl is given the opportunity to:
PLC students are encouraged to become critical and compassionate thinkers, to assume responsibility for their own learning and to be informed and engaged participants in local and global issues.
Underlying these precepts is the conviction that women can, and should, make a difference in the world.
On campus and convenient to all school facilities, PLC provides a warm and welcoming boarding house for 150 girls between Years 7 and 12. School life is enriched by the presence of students from many areas of Western Australia, Australia and overseas.