Melbourne Montessori School (MMS) is an independent, co-educational school which currently provides a high quality Montessori curriculum for children from 18 months (walking) to 16 years of age. There at two campuses; one in South Caulfield and the other in East Brighton. Classes are multi-age, giving each child the opportunity to learn from others and the flexibility to develop their personality at their own pace, both socially and intellectually. As a result, our students develop a life-long passion for learning. All environments are prepared with outdoor spaces and Montessori materials for children at each developmental level, allowing students to fully experience their surroundings and take responsibility for their own education.
- A Parent and Toddler Group (from 18 months)
- Early Learners Program for 2-3 year olds
- Junior School programs - Cycle 1 for 3-6 year olds (Kindergarten and Prep), Cycle 2 for 6-9 year olds (Years 1 to 3) and Cycle 3 for 9 to 12 year olds (Years 4 to 6)
- Senior School programs - Cycle 4 for 12 to 15 years olds (Years 7 to 9) and Cycle 5 (Year 10).
- Melbourne Montessori School is growing and will offer the first year of the 2 year International Baccalaureate diploma to students in 2019.
A Montessori education can offer your child:
- The opportunity to work at their own pace in a non-competitive environment
- A holistic and immersive learning experience based on hands-on, physical interactions
- The opportunity to follow their natural curiosity and learning passions both independently and collaboratively
- Education in the real world in the real world at secondary level
Our students grow into compassionate and self-motivated individuals, who are internationally-minded and globally responsive citizens.